[CQ-Contest] Honor Sprint #2 - Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Honor Sprint #2 - Results
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sat May 29 11:23:58 1999

Thanks to all that participated - the consensus was that it was fun and
there should be another honor sprint targeted at DX participation.
Imagine - a two-hour WW sprint!  Stay tuned...

73, Ward N0AX

Honor Sprint #2 - 22 May 1999
Results

                        Q's     Mult    Score   Name    QTH     Pwr    Club
NE6N (op N6RT)          72      22      1672    Don     CA      HP      SCCC
K6LL                    64      20      1200    Dave    AZ      HP      SCCC
K4RO                    61      19      1159    Kirk    TN      HP      TCG
W4PA                    63      17      1071    Scott   TN      HP      TCG
K4BAI                   54      19      1026    John    GA      HP
N0AX                    56      18      1008    Ed      WA      LP      BARC
WD4AHZ                  55      17      935     Ron     FL      LP      FCG
W4OC                    54      17      918     Don     SC      LP      SECG
N2IC                    53      16      848     Steve   CO      HP
N2MG                    43      19      817     Mike    NY      HP
VA3UZ                   51      16      816     Yuri    ON      LP
KK7GW                   39      18      702     David   WA      LP
G4BUO                   37      18      666     Dave    G       HP
K7RAT (op N6TR)         37      16      592     Bert    OR      HP      BARC
W7GG                    34      15      530     Bob     OR      HP
KU7Y                    30      17      510     Ron     UT      LP
WT9U                    29      14      406     Jim     IN      LP      SMC
W9RE                    17      9       163     Mike    IN      HP
I2WIJ                   12      11      132     Roberto I       LP
WC4E                    12      10      120     Jeff    FL      HP      FCG
W0EEE   (op NØSS)       13      6       78      Tom     MO      LP

Comments: That was certainly different!  16 band changes - plus a few that
brought no replies.  Nice to work a few DX stations as well. [WD4AHZ]

The highlight was working VQ9VK! First one I ever heard and there he was
calling CQ NA! He didn't seem to understand the QSY rule but I didn't
bother to try explaining. Heck, this is all just for fun anyway! [KU7Y]

Thrill of my (short) operation in the contest from the new club station of
the Univ. of MO - Rolla, with 100W to an 80M dipole on 15M was being
CALLED by VQ9VK [N0SS]

Just a little activity between family stuff. [N6TR]

It is simpler to keep the rules the same as the NA sprint, but I would
welcome you opening it out so it is more attractive to people outside NA.
I started late because I was watching the FA Cup Final (football) but got
the impression that activity levels were not very high. Could not hear any
NA on 10m so started on 15. I enjoyed the contest, I am a great fan of
sprint contesting. [G4BUO]

10 was dead as a doornail.  7 QSO's there.  15 and 20 were good and even
worked VQ9 and some Europeans as well.  Maybe the next one use 15/20 or
15/20/40 and call it the worldwide Sprint, time adjusted for best DXing
both ways?  August?  October? [W4PA]

This was my first stab at playing with two radios, and it went very
smooth.  I didn?t use any computer rig control, so my apologies to some
guys I accidentally called as a dupe at the start.  It took me a little
bit to get in the swing of things with manually entering band changes for
both radios.  It was nice to have a bunch of DX participating!  It added a
some excitement and much needed extra QSOs.  Thanks to Don W6EEN for
letting me do a little warmup before WPX. [N6RT]

Had to leave for a ball game.  Seems like the test is gaining some
popularity! [W9RE]

Enjoyed the Honor Sprint.  Sorry conditions were not better and that there
was not a lot more activity. [K4BAI]

Glad to offer (the only?) NY multiplier. 10 was a ghost land. Tnx to those
who pulled my signal out of the mud.  Took a few Qs to get into the Sprint
"swing" - NA helped.  Tried to operate without my real keyer and paddle,
BAD idea (for me).  Hooked it back up 15 min into contest. [N2MG]

This was fun, and good practice.  I seemed to run out of stations to work
before it was all over.  Maybe more folks will give this a try in the
future. [K4RO]

Activity only on 15, unfortunately the only band not tuned yet on my
Vertical R7 antenna!!! [I2WIJ]

Only had a few minutes to operate.  Look forward to the next one! [WC4E]

Might be fun to have a CW/Phone combo, maybe double points for CW?  Just
enough time for a little workout. [W7GG]

Interesting to have a high-band sprint.  It was also encouraging to have
several serious European entrants.  I think next time we'll have to count
country multipliers outside North America.  Nice to see VQ9VK show up
calling, "CQ NA"! [N0AX]