[CQ-Contest] Re: 1 pointers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 1 pointers
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Mon May 31 16:04:56 1999

Hi all,

K4OJ wrote...

> After about an hour into the contest we realized we were running an older
> version of CT, which did not reflect the 1 point domestic QSOs.  What was
> satisfying was seeing us break the old multi-single record (6.256M/NB1B-'96)
> under the old scoring in the last hour....at 00Z we had 6.282M under the old
> scoring.....
>
> Now that I am back at home I have the enhanced score, which is
> 6.972M...neat......that is about an 11% increase thanks to 1 pointers.
> I would be interested to see if others witness similar percentages as a
> result of the new rules...this was a hot topic on the contest reflector last
> year.

It was apparent to me that several stations were probably running
older software, when I was told "QSOB4" (God, I hate to be told
that!  OK, I make mistakes, but so do YOU GUYS.  I mean, it could
happen!)  when we had worked on a different band (thereby getting the
mult) but not on the current band.  I missed a few Q's that way, but
I'll bet the "I don't log dupes or zero-pointers" dudes missed a lot
of potential points!

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT