[CQ-Contest] Aging ranks. (was WPX Rumination)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Aging ranks. (was WPX Rumination)
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed Jun 2 10:12:12 1999
>+AD4- Isn't that one of the problems? Most contesters ARE old codgers.
>+AD4- Guy, were you at the Contest Banquest at Dayton? K1AR asked
>+AD4- for a show of hands of those in the room less than 25 years old.
>+AD4- Out of 300 or so, there were 2+ACE- We're not going to encourage
>+AD4- younger hams to contest if the contests are during traditional
>+AD4- family-oriented holiday weekends.

Well, obvsiously you didn't show up to the Society of Midwest Contesters
Party on Saturday night.  I don't think there were too many folks in the
room over 50.  Most were in their 30s or 40s.

I wouldn't call people of my own age group (30s) "old."

Keep in mind the population in general is aging.  So statistically, the
average age of contesters will go up as well until the next baby boom.

There are a LOT of us younger hams out here who contest.  Most of the
contesters I know are younger.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na