[CQ-Contest] Aging ranks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Aging ranks
From: jdowning@intelenet.net (John Downing)
Date: Wed Jun 2 23:42:48 1999
Hi all,

I've been fascinated by this topic for some time.  Now that the FCC has
removed date of birth records from the licensee database it's been
difficult to define the aging of the contester population.

I have a simple request:  Please email me your birth date and the year
you entered your first ham radio contest.  Make the subject "birth date"
and the text a line containing your callsign, year of birth, and year of
first contest separated by tabs.  Date of birth should be in the form
YYYY.  If you happen to know any other active contesters who don't mind
being included please note these in the next line(s).  All date of birth
information is confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone.

I'll prepare the following summary:  Average respondent age and years
contesting by country and call area.

best regards,

John W2NA / V31DX

The Cuba Libre Contest Club now has a US club callsign!  K5RUM.