[CQ-Contest] January 1999 results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] January 1999 results
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Fri Jul 2 00:20:59 1999
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:

>      The 1999 ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes results are now available on the
> ARRLWeb Members Only service (http://www.arrl.org/members/).
>
>      I find it interesting that there were no QRP Portable entries in
> not just one, but two regions: Midwest and Southeast.  These two regions
> account for nearly half of the North American continent.

I don't know about the rest of the Midwest, but the remains of the Great
New Year's Day Blizzard of 1999 that hit Illinois were a bit hard to deal
with.  I didn't have the wherewithal to tackle country roads with 2+ feet
of snow piled along them. (Am I a coward?)

Hopefully next January won't be as harsh.

73, Zack W9SZ
EN50vc Urbana, IL