[CQ-Contest] The Victorian Internet

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Victorian Internet
From: trey@kkn.net (Trey Garlough)
Date: Mon Jul 19 18:21:01 1999

One of my computer geek buddies turned me onto a cool book last week
called The Victorian Internet by Tom Standage

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0802713424/o/qid=932429529/sr=8-2/002-0227693-6011017

about the history of the telegraph.  There is a blurb on the back
cover written by Vint Cerf that says:

"I was simply fascinated by this book.  It contains parallels between
the reception of the telegraph and the Internet which I knew nothing
about.  The struggles of the early telegraph builders, the rivalries,
and the public perception of the system -- all have perspectives and
implications that seem relevant to today's Internet."

Joe Bob Marconi says, Check it out.

--Trey, N5KO