[CQ-Contest] Best radio for it's time?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Best radio for it's time?
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Sun Jul 25 22:40:07 1999
OK, first let me confirm to you all that...  yes I am crazy.

Now that we have that out of the way.  I'm starting a collection of "best
for it's time" contest radios.  So far I have a Collins S-line (mint btw)
and this weekend I added a Drake C-line (also mint).

So I guess the Collins S-line was the radio to have in the 60's for
contesting.  Seems like the C-line was pretty much the top dog in the mid
70's to early 80s.  The next radio that comes to mind is the TS-930.

So besides these radios.  What am I missing for my collection?  I've only
been a ham since 77, so need help prior to 77.  I'm only interested in
undisputed best radios for their time.

73

Bill, W4AN