[CQ-Contest] 2 letters, rates, etc....

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2 letters, rates, etc....
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Fri Jul 30 14:35:30 1999
Spencer Lazar wrote:

>This problem exists for the mentally challenged who operate
>phone. Real contesters use these phone contest weekends for
>better use, mostly thinking about how to have a higher cw
>score in the next contest.

Your condescending attitude really stinks my friend.  Whether a person
likes phone or not has nothing to do with their mental ability.

I've never operated a CW only contest (used CW in some mixed mode
contests - ARRL 10M, FD, VHF, etc).  Why?  Don't care to, nor am I
capable of 20-30 wpm CW.  Yet, in your mind I am not a real contester.

I guess finishing in the top 10 in the nation in the rover category in
Jan 99 VHF, likely finishing in top 10 low power class in the 1998 ARRL
10M contest, and scoring 3.22 Million points in the 99 CW WWPX SSB
contest doesn't make me a real contest operator.

OK, I get it.  You win.  You are what's best about ham radio.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na