[CQ-Contest] Unlicensed ops

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unlicensed ops
From: troesne@gwdg.de (troesne@gwdg.de)
Date: Wed Jul 14 22:39:18 1999
At 15:09 14.07.1999 -0400, you wrote:

>I'd like to clarify the situation with regards to unlicense ops in a
>contest.
>
>Scenario: I'm trying to get a friend interested in amateur radio via the
>medium
>of contesting.  I operate a while so he gets the hang of it and then I hand
>control
>over to him and walk him through the process.  He gets the hang of it and is
>happlily off and running at a good rate.  I am there the whole time acting
>as control
>operator, watching and listening very carefully.
>Inquiring minds want to know.
>
>Thanks de Glenn K3PP

Hy Glenn,
just as a background-info for the german legal situation.

We have in our new HAM law the possibility, that unlicenced
OP could operate (as a training). BUT the unlicenced OP
has to use another callsign (not legal using a usual clubcall or
the call of the trainer). The german telecomm authority
issues for this cases a second  special callsign to the "trainer"
under which he could let operate anybody who's unlicenced.
(under his direct constant supervision)

The prefix for this operations is DN (e.g. DN3BN).
BTW, the licenced "trainer" is not allowed to use his own DN
callsign by himself, ONLY the students could, but they could
ONLY operate under a DN-call legaly.

So a change of the callsign while a contest runs is not the
best idea...hi You see in DL no contest-training is possible,
except all OPs are unlicenced students...hi

73, Tom - DL8AAM

http://come.to/DL8AAM