[CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 19:11:01 1999
In a message dated 7/30/99 2:20:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
eraub@hotmail.com writes:

<< Besides...the more clean sweeps..the more mugs the ARRL can sell!!

I am amazed at the cynical response to this topic. The clean sweep program is
largely responsible for the revitalization of SS and for creating much more
fodder for the logs of the competitors. In fact, my 1976 CW QSO record stood
tall until the program was implemented. Now, 1260 QSO's won't even get you
into the top ten.

ARRL contest rules seldom change without input from the CAC. Does your
representative know how you feel about ARRL Contests?

Tom, K5RC
aka K7GJ

From: Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@arrl.net> (Ron Wetjen)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Rules Changes

> > |November Sweepstakes Rule Changes
> > |
> > |The Awards Committee has considered and accepted several recommendations
> > |from the Contest Advisory Committee which will affect the annual November
> > |Sweepstakes.

Don't "WE" (the contestors) have to approach the CAC to propose any
rules changes?  Don't we get a chance to make our thoughts known on any
proposed changes?  Who dreamt this up and thought SS needed "fixing"?
It wasn't broke!

Just wondering ...

Ron

--