[CQ-Contest] Meter Reading again

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meter Reading again
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert L. Shohet)
Date: Wed Aug 4 07:42:29 1999
Hans,

You missed the point of BOTH my posts.  I am NOT suggesting that
accurate signals reports should not be given, I am saying (again) that
using
*the meter* to determine the signal report is a bad operating practice,
for all the reasons described before.  SHEESH!

BTW Tack's post is quite correct.  Log Checking software does not
automatically tell someone that the signal report was copied
incorrectly, and this error will not be caught UNLESS the log-checkers
specifically look for 56 vs 59, etc.  I believe that Tack is (or was)
involved with log-checking and the CQWW contest, so he should know.

This still does not explain or excuse the bad operating practice of
"assuming" the report instead of copying it, the same issue as with bad
packet spots and people using packet to log the call instead of actually
copying it.  Sloppy operating is sloppy operating and using a meter to
determine a signal report is sloppy and inaccurate.

73

Bob KQ2M