[CQ-Contest] Two-Radio Audio

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two-Radio Audio
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 9 09:43:08 1999
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 00:18:38 -0400 (EDT) "Dale L. Martin"
<kg5u@hal-pc.org> writes:

>Has anyone experimented with switching the inactive radio audio
>output to both earphones while the active radio is transmitting?
>If so, has it been effective and not very distracting?

I tried it. For me it was ineffective and distracting.

> I still
>find the separate radio's audio in each headpone while one radio
>is transmitting to be somewhat distracting.  I feel if I were
>hearing only radio B's audio in both earphones while radio A was
>CQ'ing or sending an exchange, it might be effective in helping
>me pick up my next potential QSO a bit quicker and easier.  What
>are your thoughts on this?

Try bridging the left and right headphone leads with a resistor
or pot, about 180 ohms. When your switch is in the al/br
position, you will hear audio from both radios in both ears,
but "A" will be louder in your left ear, and "B" will be louder
in your right ear. It will make your brain happy.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
San Diego, CA
K6LL@juno.com