R: [CQ-Contest] 3QP nightmare

Subject: R: [CQ-Contest] 3QP nightmare
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sat Aug 14 17:35:16 1999

I don't agree with your view point because the comparison you
made is not complete and what you look for is finally a gift from
the organizers rather than anything else.
In contesting we don't use money to log each qso, but as an absurd
let us accept your point making at least the analogy complete like
it should and not like you did.

Real Life:
You've broken the vase, it's not anymore existing neither you
can bring it home and place somewere, but you payed your
500$ and now  you're out of money (your budget) to buy what
you wanted. Your needs will stay unsatisfied.

Contesting:
You've got a broken QSO and its removed.You don't have
credit for the broken qso and pay a limitation on your needs
(best possible score) having other good ones (your budget)
removed.

It's a correct procedure, the rule of something for something.

Until you don't pay the organizers a fine for each mistake in the
log (and it wouldn't be a good procedure in a sport) it's perfectly
right your that your score pays for your mistakes.

73,
Mauri I4JMY (one of IR4T)