[CQ-Contest] Re:Cut Numbers in Log Checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re:Cut Numbers in Log Checking
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Sun Aug 15 09:58:24 1999
This is almost as stupid as the "last two" syndrom.
All the contest rules I know off clearly states
"serial number starting with 001", can´t you people
read anymore?
By the same token I don´t understand how people can
leave out the 0 (zero) in the exchange, i.e 59912
instead of 599012, a station doing this should be DQ´ed
since he isn´t playing by the rules, if not the rules
should be changed.

Yours truly

Jim, SM2EKM

> Gentlemen,
>
> It amazes me that people seem to think they should log what the
other
> station sends without thinking.  When the rules say "a received
serial
> number", they don't mean an alphanumeric pattern of digits. It is up
to you
> to interpret what the other station means - some of you act as if
the
> logchecker should do this, in which case he is essentially doing
some of
> the operating for you!
>
> Example: You work KH0W in the ARRL 10M contest who sends you 5NN NE.
 Now
> is KH0W on Saipan and you're his 95th QSO?  Or, did KH0W get his
license on
> Saipan and move back to home to Nebraska?  If you simply log 5NN NE,
what
> do you claim as a multiplier?  If you don't know, how is the
logchecker
> supposed to know?
>
> While working on the ARRL 10M logs I asked for a clarification on
cut
> numbers in received exchanges and was told by K5FUV that cut numbers
were
> not allowed by the ARRL and those QSOs were to be discredited (note:
no
> penalty).  N6TR told me that nobody used cut numbers in the checked
SS