[CQ-Contest] CQWW CW Log Checking VERY GOOD

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW Log Checking VERY GOOD
From: widelitz@gte.net (Ken Widelitz)
Date: Tue Aug 17 17:42:26 1999
I've listened to my tapes vs. my CQWW CW error report and can say overall
the log checking is VERY GOOD!

I had about 33 good hours of tape. I evidently didn't hit the record button
and lost 6 important hours of recording and also must have forgot to turn
the tape back on after a break that cost a few more hours. As a result I
couldn't check 15 Bad calls, one unique call and one NIL.

The only problem was with NILs and LIDs. Of the 5 NIL's I got dinged for and
listened to on tape, one was obviously my fault as the other station did not
confirm. On another, I must have hit enter (instead of F11) by mistake and
not caught it. On another it sure sounded like the guy sent my call, but
there was room for misinterpretation. On two QSOs, one with HC8N on 40
meters and one with XR3Z on 10 meters, the tape clearly indicates a good
QSO, clearly my call sent in both cases and my exchange confirmed. I have
asked N5KO to check his log on that one as it cost me the HC8 and zone 10
mult on 40 meters.

Of the 23 Bad calls I was dinged for and had on tape, one confirmed a wrong
call, one I asked to confirm many times and thought I had it right, but
didn't after listening to the tape. For some reason, probably due to poor
typing due to  fatigue, I logged VE2/N6ZZ as VE2/N6AA. 3 of the bad calls
were due to LIDs. The worst offender was F6HME who sent F65ME the first time
and each of the three times I asked for a fill cause I was sure I didn't
have it right. I remember thinking it was some sort of a special call after
hearing it every time. I listened to that QSO on tape about 4 times and I'm
sure he was sending a 5 not an H every single time. Nothing log checking can
do about guys who can't send their own call correctly.

Of the 6 uniques checked, three were legit uniques and three were busted
calls that I got credit for.

Overall, a very impressive log checking effort. A big thanks to the CQWW log
checking team.

73, Ken, K6LA (Ken Six Los Angeles)
K6LA@GTEMAIL.NET