[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest exchange
From: aa8u@modempool.com (Bruce Lallathin)
Date: Fri Aug 20 19:46:41 1999

>     I think the best thing to do is to start adopting Maidenhead grid
>squares into the contest.

>KM5FA: C6AKL 599 EM10 TX

>1) It would be a meaningful exchange that one could log-check,

I for one am strongly in favor of the grid square info in the ARRL DX Contest
exchange. I wonder about adding the STATE as it seems redundant somehow. For
the DX stations trying to work all states, this would be a draw so for that
reason I would say it stays.

If it were up to me I would even add the current power level indicator and "kw"
would be an acceptable replacement for "1000".

The time has long since passed to dump the non-sense signal report. The grid
square would be an outstanding replacement. It works well in the "Stew" and I
see no reason it wouldn't work as well in the ARRL DX contests (and others for
that matter).

So lets see, exchange callsigns, serial numbers, grid info, state/country, and
power level. I think this might tend to change the character of the ARRL DX
contests but in my opinion that would not be all that bad. It sure would be a
lot more challenging and fun.

You will have to try harder to get me on six meters though.....hi

73, Bruce  AA8U