[CQ-Contest] TS-570D(G).. need your input

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS-570D(G).. need your input
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond - N0SS)
Date: Wed Aug 4 15:52:19 1999

Greetings:

A local newbie contester is about to take the big leap and replace
his venerable FT-101 with a new transceiver.  While cost is not a
BIG concern, he doesn't want to throw his money away, and he'd like
to leep the cost somewhat below $1,500 for the rig, including any
IRI CW/SSB filters to be added a bit later.

One of the rigs my friend is looking hard at is the TS-570D(G).
Neither of us know much about it, I having only messed with it
for about 5 minutes and he not having even seen one in the flesh.

We would appreciate any constructive responses from either past or
present users/owners of the TS-570S, regarding not only operational
features, performance, but also ergonomics for a person of about 6'2"
stature and possibly slightly larger than normal hands/fingers.

ANYTHING you can provide would be appreciated.

You may respond directly to me and I'll forward your responses to
my buddy, who doesn't yet subscribe to the reflector.

I'd like to see him get a rig he can live with and use for a long time
to come.

73, and many thanks for your time and assistance.

Tom Hammond   N0SS