[CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Log Checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Log Checking
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Tue Aug 10 03:13:04 1999
>Just got my scoring report from K8CC and recommend everyone do it. Kudos to
>Dave, K8CC, and Tim, K9TM, for all their efforts in trying to make us
>better
>contesters. I lost a little over 11K points for 3 NILs and 4 Busted
>Exchanges
>but I heartily endorse more scrutiny - it's been a long time coming. 73...
>
>John, N6MU
I too just received my report, this is the first real serious effort for me
in a contest, and I am very pleased with my score. I lost 1368 points 7 Qso
and 1 mult because of 3 busted calls and 1 nil.
Did it change my standings in the results? No! W5CWQ and W5RNF would have
still beaten me soundly in my area and class ( NTX Low power Phone only).
But this is the first time I'm not at the bottom of the listings so I figure
I won! It is the best I've ever done in a contest.
  Now what did I learn?
  1 listen closely to DX stations especially in Pile ups!!!!
     (this was most of the busted calls almost all dx and 1nil)
  2 Montana is MT not MO!!! ( stupid mistake don't know how I did it with
computer logging)
  3 I need to get the tower and beam up before the next contest.
    ( depends on funds between now and then)
  But the vacation time from work is planned and approved so I will be there
this year again. Also plan to do a so lp single band entry in CQWW this
fall. I know I won't place well in that one but it is a fun contest and who
know 10 meters might be the hot place for DX this year! At least I can hope
HI HI
73
Rick
KC5AJX
P.S I would also like to thank Dave K8CC and Tim K9TM for all the hard work
they put into this effort