[CQ-Contest] Curacao Ops Needed for CQWW SSB

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Curacao Ops Needed for CQWW SSB
From: ghoward@kent.edu (Geoff Howard)
Date: Fri Aug 13 18:26:43 1999
Hi all,

Before you read any further, the VERY cheap American Airlines fare sale to
the Caribbean ends at midnight on Friday, August 13. If you want to join
our PJ9CW team, book RIGHT NOW. I booked yesterday and saved about $250 per
traveler on the round trip to PJ9 from Cleveland.

--------------------------------------

We're planning a mid-profile, Field Day style operation from Curacao,
operating as PJ9CW, for the CQ WW SSB contest, 29-31 October. The planned
category is M/S, but this is negotiable, depending on how many operators we
can sign up. PLEASE SIGN ON VERY SOON, AS I NEED TO FINALIZE THE VILLA
BOOKINGS WITH THE MANAGER.

The op will be from the Kadushi Cliffs Resort, a beautiful luxury vacation
spot on the northwest tip of the island, in what is probably the prime
contest QTH in the world. (Sorry, Trey. Maybe second-prime.) It's the
Caribbean, it's a "three-point country," and there are salt-water shots to
nearly everywhere.

You need NOT be a hotshot contest professional to join in with us and have
fun. We're serious about scoring, but equally serious about having fun. Our
group has several world second-place finishes under our belt, most recently
as VP5CW and VP5FXB, but we also have a lot of fun. Spouses, friends, and
kids are more than welcome. Make a family vacation of it!

If you ever wanted to try DX contesting, this is your chance at a modest
cost, and from a prime QTH.

PLEASE VIEW THE WEB SITE CLOSELY -- ALL THE INFORMATION IS THERE, INCLUDING
PHOTOS OF THE OPERATING LOCATION. http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc/pj9cw

Join us and have a great fun time in the biggest contest of them all!

   73,

     - Geoff, W0CG, Coordinator

Geoff Howard
1984 Trares Road