[CQ-Contest] cooperation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] cooperation
From: CP2235@aol.com (CP2235@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 08:03:55 1999

I2WIJ wrote:

<< In the last WAE while receiving QTCs
<< I asked a number of times NR? or CL? and they repeat,
<< and I asked also QRS and they slow down.
<<
<< Why do not cooperate? Both can get advantages.

Thanks for this message Bob!
I am glad someone pointed this out, as in fact, this is one of the aspects
why I like contesting. By its nature it is an event that teaches you, that
the most out of every difficult situation can always be achieved by a
positive attitude, cooperation and by developing a feeling for the other
guy(s)/girl(s) situation, rather than by brute force, or believing that
everything should always be done "my way"... Some lesson to be learnt for
your whole life. Despite all the whining about contesters being a rough
crowd, power-alone-wins, machine-like-operators, etc.., one of the things I
always enjoy thru these contest-weekends is the feeling of global
cooperation.
No I am not blind, of course I see rough situations occur during contests,
but I prefer to look at them as something to be improved (and something that
is "just there", heckuvadeal, learn to live with it!) and rather concentrate
on the positive situations. Please note that my definition 100% includes
slowing down for the other op, or using full numbers, or leaving his QRLed
frequency (inspite of a freq fight), or whatever, IF ONLY he also decides to
fix things in a sportsmanlike manner in spite of getting angry or mean over a
thing which REMEMBER is supposed to be fun.
in a word: RELAX, friends...

73 Con DF4SA