[CQ-Contest] Let's NOT Have a Grid Square Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Let's NOT Have a Grid Square Contest
From: k7qq@juno.com (Rex J Maner)
Date: Mon Aug 23 05:33:40 1999
Quacks
Follows is a reason to have a Grid Sq. contest.  The ARRL is a DX contest
not   VHF  let the rovers do what ever they desire on VHF but try to Load
a Tri-Bander on the P/U and go running around making Q's.  If there are
to be changes to the rules for  the  ARRL DX test it might be a good idea
to get something to the DX guys,  during the contest isn't time to try to
EXPLAIN the new requirements,  this hurts everyone and especially the Big
Signal.  I've had to explain the rules of the AF Contest the last 2 years
to thousands of guys and then 2 QSO's later go thru all of it again.  If
changes are going to happen and I guess they are, get the word out more
than 3 or 4 weeks prior to the test.

Rex K7QQ