[CQ-Contest] ARRL exchange (humor)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL exchange (humor)
From: nf1j@juno.com (Warren C Stankiewicz)
Date: Tue Aug 24 13:12:13 1999
Here's an idea...

instead of power in the ARRL DX contest, we split the world up into
geographical areas. Say we make 40 of them.

We move the contest to the fall, instead of the spring--that way people
who are already on a dxpedition can participate.

We let everyone contact everyone--so that people in Asia and Europe find
it more rewarding, and we get more participation.

The ARRL sees if there's any other amateur publication (maybe one on Long
Island) who would be interested in publishing the results--thereby
freeing valuable space in QST for articles of technical worth and general
interest. We also let them take a year from the date of the contest to
list the results.

Oh, wait..this sounds too familiar somehow...

But any contest exchange is soley information to be communicated
accurately in a contest--and I've yet to see anything that dramatically
proves the point that this part of the ARRL DX Contest is broken.

73,

Larson E Rapp, W1IIOU
(nf1j@juno.com)