[CQ-Contest] If they must....

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If they must....
From: aa8u@modempool.com (Bruce Lallathin)
Date: Tue Aug 24 16:25:37 1999
Last night the thought occurred to me, IF the ARRL MUST change the format
of the ARRL DX contest exchange...IF they MUST, assuming they MUST...and
likely WILL...then how about this?

Keep the exchange as is but add the optional four character grid square
information and reward this extra effort with an additional QSO point IF
both stations exchange this info successfully.

Distance based scoring would be fine with me, but hey, I can probably live
with whatever they come up with. I seriously doubt that anything I mention
would be adopted. I just read the rules and do as it says best I can. Since
I've never won the contest or set any records other than my own personal
best, I have not a lot invested in the status quo as some others here do.
The bonus point thing just sounds interesting to me.

What ever, I'll have fun as usual.

73,
Bruce
AA8Ugly