[CQ-Contest] Confusion over Distance Based Scoring VS. the ARRL Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Confusion over Distance Based Scoring VS. the ARRL Contest
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert L. Shohet)
Date: Fri Aug 27 11:07:09 1999
Fellow Contesters,

There seems to be a LOT of confusion on this issue.

The NEW contest that I proposed, based on Grid-Squares and
distance-based scoring, is a NEW, repeat NEW contest, NOT the ARRL DX
contest.

The FCC agreed to sponsor the NEW Grid-Square contest based on
Grid-Squares and distance-based scoring.

I personally don't give a hoot that some IARU electee thinks we
shouldn't use grid-squares in the exchange.  I think that's up to US
CONTESTERS to decide by chosing to operate or not to operate in such a
contest.

I DID NOT and WILL NOT advocate a change in the exchange in ARRL contest
to reflect Grid Squares or distance based scoring.  I personally don't
think it is necessary to change the ARRL DX contest exchange but I will
just as happily operate the ARRL DX contest regardless of what the
exchange ultimately is.

SHEESH!  My head hurts too! Hope that clarifies things.

73

Bob KQ2M