[CQ-Contest] Quote of the day (ARRL Web Extra)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Quote of the day (ARRL Web Extra)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Oct 13 15:35:02 1999
At 02:03 PM 10/13/1999 -0400, Pete Smith wrote:

>"The January 15 implementation date means the new West Central Florida
>Section will not be a factor in any ARRL-sponsored contests until 2000.
>
>The nine Southern Florida counties involved voted overwhelmingly in favor
>of creating the new ARRL section, which will be number 71.

To all (including Bill) who wrote to point out that the ARRL and RAC
section lists are now separate, thanks, and my apologies to everyone else
for the waste of a reflector blivet.  With CW SS three weeks away, I was
thinking in terms of the number for a sweep, and the nuance of *two*
section lists went right past me.

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower