[CQ-Contest] RTTY Contest Help Part 2

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Contest Help Part 2
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Thu Oct 21 09:33:04 1999
I want to thank everyone for all the nice emails and I did get some ideas
as to what the issue it.  I did not know that manufacturers did not adhear
to standards.  That was interesting.  For those you ask for more info....

The KAM is an early model with revision 5.0 or so.  I got tired updating
the thing every six months and fell behind.  I am also using HostMaster2
software.

I am using FSK through the back accessory plug.  The KAM is set for
non-inverted RX and TX.  I am running the 765 in the RTTY mode and not the
DATA mode.  I do not nor will I run AFSK.  (I don't like it)  When I invert
the KAM, then the data is garbled on RX and I do not think there is a way
of inverting the RX and TX seperately....but I would have to look at the
manual.

One gentleman said he had to reverse the internal RTTY swtich on his 1000m
to get it to Xmit right.   So, I think that will be the order of Saturday
and give that a try.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Lee