[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW & RTTY Roundup

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW & RTTY Roundup
From: tmitche4@visteon.com (Mitchell, Tim T.K.)
Date: Wed Dec 22 15:24:46 1999

When the latest NCJ came out I noticed that NAQP CW and ARRL RTTY Roundup
are on the same weekend this year.  I notified both sponsors and both did
not seem to see any problem.  The problem for me then became which one to
operate?

Last year I did RTTY Roundup and found it to be a lot of fun (and close to
1200 Q's, shocked me).  I also enjoy NAQP.  At first I was upset at the
thought of having to choose which contest to do.  Also, both are popular and
share the same band space... what a mess this is going to be.

Then I had a sick thought.  Why not do both?  Instead of going SO2R, I will
be SO2R2C (that's single-op 2 radio, 2 contest). [there is debate as to if
this would really be SO1R2C, since it is 1 radio per contest] If I had more
feedlines&antennas, I would consider doing SO4R2C [true SO2R2C]... but the
tribander and single tower/city lot just doesn't provide for that.

I know there are a few guys out there who like to play around with RTTY as
well as CW.  Think of it as compression applied to contests.  Have twice as
much fun in one weekend.

Anyone else interested in getting in on this and comparing combined
scores...or am I the only crazy one ?

73 Tim K9TM
tim.k9tm@totalink.net