[CQ-Contest] SASE's w/ QSL's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SASE's w/ QSL's
From: WalterR148@aol.com (WalterR148@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 25 12:12:39 1999
Hi,

Well, there are many sides to this issue. Stations in which are active can
easily go broke returning QSL's to non SASE senders. My gripe: I always send
SASE with my QSL's. I only receive abt 60-70% return rate. What do these
people do with my SASE? It's a chance you take, and most always return a QSL.
i GUESS SOME PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO BE BURNED FOR ANOTHER $.33 FOR A TOTAL OF
$.66 FOR ONE QSL  when you don't know if you will receive their card. Until
it's said and done with if you have expensive cards you and have $.76 a card
tied up just trying to receive one card.

My new policy is if I call you and you are running a freq. I will QSL with
SASE.  If I am running the freq. and you want my QSL, you will send me an
SASE. If people call me when I am running a freq. I will SASE only to station
in which I need their QSL for and award of some kind. It's a never ending
circle when and when not to. To each their own but if you receive an SASE
with a qsl, at least return a card in a reasonable amount of time,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

73
Wally/AA3RC