[CQ-Contest] Fwd: ANNOUNCEMENT - fyi

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: ANNOUNCEMENT - fyi
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue Jan 11 15:35:18 2000
on 1/11/00 09:31, TOMK5RC@aol.com at TOMK5RC@aol.com wrote:

> If they are going to run the RTTY contest concurrent with the NAQP, can we
> encourage the participants to observe the courtesy sub-bands? There was RTTY
> as far down as .035 during NAQP CW.

The RTTY roundup is always the first weekend in January after New Year's
Day.  So sometimes it might not conflict with NAQP CW.

The reason that there was RTTY down at .035 is that there are typically DX
RTTY windows there.  This is shown on virtually all of the suggested
operating guides as published sometimes in QST.  This is particularly true
on 40 M where our RTTY band falls into DX phone bands.

73,

Jon
KE9NA