[CQ-Contest] Need help choosing rig

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Need help choosing rig
From: l38217@alfa.ist.utl.pt (Pedro Pedroso)
Date: Thu Jan 27 18:34:49 2000

        Hello ! I'm planning to buy a new rig and these are some
        of the options: Kenwood : TS-450, 850, 940 and 570
                        Icom : IC-738, 765 and 746
                        Yaesu : FT-890, 990
        I would like to hear from previous owners that used it
        both in contest and DX operation.
        The most important factor for me is their receiving qualities
        (both sensibility and selectivity).
        Presently I own an IC-725, if anyone can also make a comparison
        with the other models it would also be apreciated.
        Is it worth to invest in the 725 and buy new IF filters to
        replace the original ones ? (change the originals with InRad
        filters).

                Thanks !

 | Pedro Pedroso                        |  CT1ELP                    |
 | Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores   |  Founder member of GPDX    |
 | (Telecomunicacoes e electronica)     |  ct1elp@amsat.org          |
 | Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2806 Almada Codex , PORTUGAL               |