[CQ-Contest] The UNLIMITED category.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The UNLIMITED category.
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly Taylor)
Date: Thu Feb 17 09:53:24 2000
Hi all,

What a fascinating idea. It would certainly be interesting to see what
transpired. And since there would be no comparisons with other classes possible
(and likely a small percentage of entrants in each), probably even comparisons
within this class would be impossible, I see this having no adverse effect on
other classes.

It would have an ancillary effect, however. I mean, it's pretty darn unlikely
that a VU2 will ever get to pick up the VE4 mult on 75 meters. But give me an
Internet-connected remote station in Sri Lanka... Still, I don't think that's a
major concern, given that every VU2 will have the same opportunity to work my
Sri Lanka remote as any other VU2.

The interesting thing here, though, would not be the scores: far more
fascinating would be the technological tales explaining what was used, how and
what effect it had on operations. I think you could fill 20 pages of CQ with
these kinds of tales. I'd read every word.

I can also see this class, used to its fullest, as offering unique insight into
the current rules: pointing out which ones work, which ones don't and which
ones are just plain unnecessary. Anything that can add some brevity to rules
has got to be a good thing.

How would you identify? VE4XT/VQ2/ON4/5H3/PY1? What a mouthful! And on CW!

73, kelly
ve4xt