[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Contest Digest V3 #44

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Contest Digest V3 #44
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Sat Feb 26 23:49:35 2000
It's not just an east coast vs. midwest vs. left coast problem.

There is nothing more frustrating than finally finding a frequency, while
running a modest station, and having the Big Gun an hour up the interstate
work you and then grab the frequency from you -- and later claiming that he
never heard you.  Or moving 2 kHz above you and slowly sliding down.

Said Big Gun later told me (with a laugh) that if I didn't like it, get a
couple of towers and 3 or 4 kW and do the same thing to him.  Otherwise,
quit trying to play with the "big boys."

Wonder if it ever occurs to these guys that if they chase us all off,
they're not going to have that many amateurs left to work...