[CQ-Contest] MFJ Voice Keyer - Good Bang for the buck

Subject: [CQ-Contest] MFJ Voice Keyer - Good Bang for the buck
From: w3cf@email.msn.com (Douglas Priest)
Date: Mon Mar 13 23:36:48 2000
Interesting thread. I WISH mine would default to 3 seconds. Right out of the
box it was acting weird.  It is the 15m station DVK at V2 and every time I
hit the repeat button the first repeat is about 3 seconds then it gets
progressively faster real quick so that inside of 5 calls it is down to 0
seconds delay. Other than that it is a real nice little unit. We have them
wired into the LPT1 port so you can use F1-4 buttons in CT. Other than
having to manually hit F1 I have experienced no problems whatsoever. I had a
Neltec Labs DVK 100 but in high RF fields (160m on my Mosley PRO) the Neltek
would lock up solid. I recommend it as best bang for the buck DVK I've seen.
It even runs on 9v battery power for normal island power outages or field
day operation.

73

Doug W3CF