[CQ-Contest] Key Clicks and Contesting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Key Clicks and Contesting
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Jan 10 11:03:54 2001
W8JI, among others, has complained about the hard keying characteristic of
many modern rigs, which exacerbates the crowding during CW contests.  Has
anyone ever had success modifying the keying characteristics of any of the
common contest rigs, like maybe the 1000MP?  I suspect it is a bit more
involved than the way we used to do it, by adding capacitance and
resistance across the key jack, but it strikes me that such a mod could be
a viable commercial product.  Of course, people would have to sign up to
the idea that there's value in reducing interference to others (!).

Anyhow, I'd be interested in knowing whether anyone's done it successfully.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at