[CQ-Contest] CQ Dublin

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Dublin
From: ha1ag@compuserve.com (Zoli Pitman HA1AG)
Date: Fri Jan 12 19:41:05 2001
Hi guys,

I'll be in Dublin between 22-26 January and looking forward to meeting some
of you there and roll some beers down...

Anyone interested?

73 de Zoli HA1AG

From: Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Local Terrain effect

Using K6STI's "Terrain Analyzer" or "TA.exe" software I generated a couple
of views of vertical antenna performance for MW5EPA in answer to his
original question that started this thread on the reflector.  I thought it
was worthwhile to pass the graphics along to the rest of the crew on the
reflector.

Using parameters for fairly high ground conductivity with moist soil, and a
10 meter vertical dipole up a half wavelength on the left half of the
radiation pattern, and on the right the same antenna and soil conditions on
a 700 foot high extreme mountain over a flat plain:
http://www.kr6x.org/image51.gif

Substituting parameters for salt water ground using the same antennas and
mountain (or no mountain): http://www.kr6x.org/image52.gif