[CQ-Contest] Narrow SSB filtering for contesting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Narrow SSB filtering for contesting
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 23:42:58 2001
In a message dated 1/15/01 4:16:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Rob.Hammond@eu.sony.com writes:

 > I was thinking of upgrading both
 >  Radios with INRAD's Crystal filters for SSB , They offer a variety of
 >  different widths. Can you go too narrow ? . What would be the best choice
 >  for contesting ?

     I've got two 1.8 kHz INRAD ssb filters and two 400 Hz cw filters in my
940 and they are FANTASTIC! The slope tuning in the 940 was semi-useless
until I put the ssb filters in - now it works terrifically. I recommend them
highly.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech