[CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?
From: W2CE@aol.com (W2CE@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 00:05:28 2001

In a message dated 1/30/01 11:56:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k4sb@mindspring.com writes:

Winding is usually not the problem, unwinding is when the problems of
tangling starts. As the wire is unwounded we tend to allow the next turns to
just pull off to the side at which time a smaller diameter turn catches a
larger one and pulls off a few turns out of order into a tangle. Care shpi;d
be taken more to unwind around the coil of wire rather than feeding it off to
the side. Always guide the wire around the roll in a much larger circle than
the actual coil so that only the current turn releases and does not bring
along another trun dangling in front of it. Also try to make sure not to roll
wire bigger than a hand full or control in releasing it becomes difficult.

    73, de  Bob Reed, W2CE

    W2CE@aol.com     W2CE@arrl.net

7bit