[CQ-Contest] JA in CQ 160

Subject: [CQ-Contest] JA in CQ 160
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed Jan 31 18:02:33 2001
 > There have been several comments by EU and NA stations that JA QSOs
 > were down this year.  Was it a function of conditions or has the new
 > JA subband impacted contesting there?

I generally work more JA's on a non-contest day then we worked in
the contest. We worked about a half-dozen or so, when typically
about a dozen or more are available most days of the week.

Part of this was because the signals were weaker than normal, and
I'm sure some of the contact loss was due to the "wall of clicks"
caused by modern needlessly-hard-keying radios.

If the JA's would work the old sub-band (that is still available) that
problem would vanish.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com