[CQ-Contest] Help; need cabrillo convertor

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help; need cabrillo convertor
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Tue Feb 27 15:45:44 2001
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:03:46PM +0100, M. van Wijk wrote:

 > Hi,
 > Can anybody help me on a cabrillo convertor. I tried buying one but since it
 > requires US adress data only, I'm stuck with nothing......
 > pse help!

Try:

http://www.qsl.net/ka5wss/logconv/index.html

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."

From: Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] multiplier passing

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:41:03 -0800, Leigh S. Jones wrote:

 >It's just too inefficient.  A terrible waste of DX.  We should let
 >the market forces work, and do away with the big monopolies,
 >because the monopolies would make bigger scores in the end
 >if the practice were universally abandoned.  They just can't
 >unilaterally abandon the practice without hurting their scores.

The way to make the market forces work is NOT to outlaw stations from
asking a multiplier to go to a new band.  Rather, the multiplier (or
QSO) must refuse under all circumstances to let him or herself be
passed.  *These* are the market forces at work.  If stations refuse to
move, then the practice will be viewed as futile, and eventually die.
But telling the "big monopolies" to stop asking is like telling
baseball players not to ask for more money every year.  As long as the
market continues to pay them ever-increasing sums of money, the
salaries will continue to rise unabated.  If the owners and agents
would just stop giving in to the high salary demands, either they quit
and find a new job, or stop asking.

73 - Jim AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>