[CQ-Contest] Re: Watch that main radio while SO2R...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Watch that main radio while SO2R...
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Mon Mar 5 23:45:01 2001
On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:46:45PM -0500, CQ Contest Digest wrote:
 > From: Mike Gilmer - N2MG <n2mg@contesting.com>
 > What happens if you overhear a single-op passing a mult to another
 > band?

It's your lucky day.  Seriously, you, a single-op, found that mult with your
radio, tuned to the contest bands.  You are perfectly justified in trying to
work him.

 >What happens if some do-gooder tells you that JT1 is just up the band?

I agree with KG5U, the right thing to do is to ignore the comment.

 > From: "kl7ra" <kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov>
 > Doug writes:
 >  >It seems that many now feel that they are entitled to a completely
 >  >clear passband.

Just to be clear, I didn't write that - it was quoted from {I forget who}.

 >From K1AR:
 > Now, I agree about the concern over the frequency ownership issue raised by
 > several guys on here. In this case (and correct me if I'm wrong), I believe
 > the passes probably took about 45-60 seconds each. That is, in my view,
 > within a reasonable window to say you're still using a run frequency.
 > Naturally, that can be debated at great length as it already has been on
 > this channel.

Please stand corrected.  As Dave K6LL says, if you fail to respond to a
"frequency-in-use" inquiry, you aren't using the frequency.  I think that's
an answer that's easy for both parties to figure out.
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
Due to excessive spam, messages from uu.net are deleted unread.