[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...
From: otterstad@enter.vg (ragnar otterstad)
Date: Tue Mar 6 17:44:33 2001
On 10m at that time of day, 45-60 seconds is enough time for someone to ask
"QRZ?" twice, send a CQ and get a small run going.  That's what happened to
me.

In fact, the second time you left, another station called me and I worked
him.  So the frequency was definitely busy, despite your absence.

I have a problem relating to this issue. Why is   " my " frequency  better
than any other clear spot ? IN the ARRL contest I often have heard 2
stations on the same frequency, evidently not hearing each other because of
the skip distance is too long. One would think that once this became evident
, one of them would  move somewhere else. Not so !  hi  They would rather
cover up the other station, not being sure who is responding to whom  , etc.

On 10 meters where there is plenty of room, why bother ?  One very
experienced contester, K3ZO always seem to be for himself on a quiet
frequency somewhere up the band. I believe Fred has a fairly good contest
reputation so it must be worth  moving away from the pack.
So why the fuss ?

73

RAG  LA5HE Also JW5HE OZ8RO.

Located in Telemark - Home of Skiing.