[CQ-Contest] Clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clicks
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 9 09:27:56 2001
During the ARRL CW test I was probably the 10 meter button pusher at K8AZ,
whose signal was among those listed among those original posting.  Although
the 10 meter position was not so equipped, the 15 and 20 meter positions at
AZ both had Kenwood monitor scopes in line, and on those the waveform rise
and fall slopes showed the proper shaping to avoid key click generation.
(All three bands used FT-1000MPs).

What is needed for proper evaluation is a spectrum analyzer with storage
capabilities.  A few weeks back we had such a demo unit at work, an IFR-2945A
communications analyzer. I think it would have had the ability to show stuff
a few kHz off of the transmitter frequency.

Unfortunately there has been a decree about spending money, so even though
lots of people loved the unit, we can't get one until at least the new budget
year in July.

Jim   K8MR