[CQ-Contest] March/April QEX issue

Subject: [CQ-Contest] March/April QEX issue
From: K4tmc@aol.com (K4tmc@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 14:45:16 2001
Is the reflector in use?....
...'click'...
IS the reflector IN USE!??.....
...'click'...

We interupt this discussion of clicks and frequency battles to bring you news
of something more objective...antennas.

Just got the March/April issue of QEX (& Communications Quarterly).  For
those who may be thinking of what to do about new antennas this Summer, there
are a few things in this issue that may be of interest.

  First, there is "The Rectangle Family of Antennas, Part 1, The Not-So-Simple
Rectangle", a discussion of 4-sided loops, considering their resistance,
gain, and bandwidth relative to frequency, shape, and conductors.

Second, there is "The Quad Antenna Revisited, Part 4, Effects of Ground on
Quad Loops", a discussion of how high it must be to provide the desired DX
fireworks.

And third, the RF column has two items: Making Off-Center Fed Dipoles Work
and Homebrew 1:1 and 4:1 Isolators.

And, if you are wondering what else is inside....
The ATR-2000, a Homemade High-Performance HF Transceiver, Part 3
PTC, Perceptual Transform Coding for Bandwidth Reduction of Speech in the
Analog Domain, Part 2
Beyond Fractional-N, Part 1
A Compensated, Modualr RF Voltmeter

OK, now back to the discussions....(of which I have enjoyed greatly)

73 & High Rates,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC