[CQ-Contest] Re: Clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Clicks
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sun Mar 11 14:02:33 2001
I note that my call is not in the list of click offenders. I was running EU
on 10M for many hours at the same time as the others, and the chances are
that I was about as loud. I wonder if I'm in the list of non-offenders or if
I just wasn't heard? A big change in this contest for me is that I ran
primarily with a new FT-1000D instead of my trusty FT-1000MP. As the
measurements reported in my other post show, the 1000MP CW waveform rise
time is half that of the 1000D. Tom says the 1000D's rise time is too fast,
so could we have the 1000MP culprit?

On a different line of reasoning, it would be interesting to know how many
of the 1000MP's on the list have the optional TCXO-4 or TCXO-6
high-stability master reference oscillator. I would imagine that a TCXO is
useful primarily for long-term temperature stability, but could the stock
oscillator be more susceptible to momentary instability and/or settling
delays? My 1000MP happens to have the TCXO-6, and the FT-1000D comes stock
with a TCXO.

73, Dick WC1M