[CQ-Contest] Re: Contesting - Better Than the Internet!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Contesting - Better Than the Internet!
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Mon Mar 12 08:26:07 2001
 >  >     Often we see comments about how our beloved hobby is dying a slow
 >  >Granted there is some cause for concern but one has to wonder how many
 >  >Brooke Point's are out there.  These students are fortunate enough to
have a
 >  >teacher interested in our hobby and willing to take the time to share it
 >  >with them.

Indeed an excellent opportunity.  Unfortunately, the problem comes up when
these students graduate and no longer have access to a station at the
school.  Chances are their next school won't have one - and with the
proliferation of CC&Rs (and families living in apartments) their chances of
establishing a usable station at home is often zero.  Either they take up 2m
FM or they take up computers...

IMHO we need an all-out campaign to build club stations.  Having a common
station at every large radio club would do wonders for HF activity.
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
Due to excessive spam, messages from uu.net are deleted unread.