[CQ-Contest] ONTARIO QSO PARTY - ERROR IN "CQ CONTEST" Magazine

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ONTARIO QSO PARTY - ERROR IN "CQ CONTEST" Magazine
From: ve3sre@compuserve.com (Bob Chandler, VE3SRE)
Date: Sat Mar 24 21:07:01 2001
Hi!

The dates for the Ontario QSO Party reported on the cover of the April =
issue
of "CQ Contest" are in error.    The contest takes place on April =
21-22nd
weekend and not on April 28-29th and it is SSB/CW and not phone only
as reported.

I'm not sure if the same error has appeared in the April issue of "CQ" =
as
it hasn't made its way to Canada yet.

In any case complete details are available at =
http://www.odxa.on.ca/oqphome.html.

Was at a hamfest just outside Toronto today and from the "buzz" we're =
going
to have a bigger and better "OQP" than ever this year.   We're very =
close at
this point to having activity from all 48 multipliers...a tough task =
considering
some of Ontario's multipliers are the size of some countries!

There are numerous "multi-county mobiles" in the works and a number of
multi-op stations.

Hope to CU all on the bands!

73 de Bob VE3SRE
Contest Manager