[CQ-Contest] TO5T - Cheating in real time!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TO5T - Cheating in real time!
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Mar 26 14:37:24 2001
The requesting to spot on cluster by contesters is very common.  I must
have had that requested to me at least a dozen times this weekend in CQ
WPX SSB.  It must be that these guys don't realize it is against the
rules, since it is obvious and easily provable.  A very famous contester
from Belgium asks me to do this nearly every time I work him in a
contest.  I guess they get used to that when they are on DXpeditions and
the takers are few on a certain band.  No problem with such a request
then, but it should be grounds for disqualification in most every
contest.  It wouldn't be a lot of trouble to keep a list of such
requests and publish them here in future contests if anyone thinks that
would do any good.
Any such requests that are answered obviously gives the station making
the request an unfair advantage over those who don't make the requests.

On the other hand, there were plenty of times in this last CQWW CW
contest from 8P9Z that I wished I could turn off the spots so the QRM
would die down and my rate would go up, hi.

73,  John, K4BAI/8P9HT.