[CQ-Contest] All together now...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] All together now...
From: k1dg@ix.netcom.com (Doug Grant)
Date: Fri Apr 6 01:27:36 2001
KB2XZ (one of the PJ9B guys, now SK) once proposed that all the hams in the
world should transmit a message of peace aimed at extraterrestrials
precisely at 0000Z on each contest weekend, just before the first CQ. His
idea was that any extraterrestrials listening in this general direction
would be intrigued by these annual outbursts of HF RF (end of October and
November, for example), and eventually figure out what we were all saying.

I guess it wouldn't work at the end of a contest, since all the RF would be
reflected back from the hot air from the previous 48 hours of transmitting
heating the ionosphere.

Then again, maybe the ETs would wonder why the earth got so RF-quiet every
year at the same time. I'm so confused.

Soon as I get my Razors and beach-mounted 4-square running, I plan to do
some experimenting. I hope you will all join me. But don't do it near my
freq, please.

73,

Doug (not a doctor, but I play one on 15...) K1DG