[CQ-Contest] WPX and Contest changes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX and Contest changes
From: David.Burger@macquarie.com.au (David Burger)
Date: Mon Apr 23 18:16:27 2001

As a playful WPX SSB contester since 1976 under VK3BID, VK3HZ, VK8HZ and
now VK2CZ, I've been puzzled why US hams are allowed more points per
contact than we are.  I appreciated the single point per QSO domestic
change, as there are times when signals in the southern parts of VK often
do not exist. (Has anyone ever worked a VK7 in the WPX ?).

I heartily request keeping the last weekend of March as WPX SSB. Its now
part of my annual holiday leave and activity calendar for the last 24
years, and a good break from our 4week VHF/UHF Contest period held in
January's.

David Burger VK2CZ / VK8HZ