[CQ-Contest] Alpha 76 or 374 3 hole as contest amps?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Alpha 76 or 374 3 hole as contest amps?
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt & Carrie Trott)
Date: Wed May 2 01:57:00 2001

$1800? I wonder if that's a 77SX 2 holer 8877 he was talking about. I have a
374A 2 holer 8874. It's no tune and I love it for the Sprints. I loaf it
along at about 600w on CW. I only crank it up when I'm trying to work a new
one. Actually, it's on standby and I'm using a 3CX1200 Henry as the  main
amp now.

I replaced the two 8874's a couple years back with Eimacs. You can get
Svetlana replacements, but they are not much cheaper. At least that was the
case a few years ago. Is Eimac still making tubes even?? Anyhoo, that line
of amps has a great reputation.

73,
Matt--K7BG